Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Banners and things.

Several months ago I cohosted a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law. I just wanted to show the banner I did. I have seen these on several sites but I am pretty sure I got the idea for this one from the Crafting Chicks. It was actually and idea for a halloween banner but I thought I could use the idea for the shower.
One of the food items we had were Oreo Cupcakes.
We used a mixture of these two recipes: Oreo 1, Oreo2. Though the batter was prety tasty I wasn't too excited about how they tasted when they were cooked. We ended up doing quarted chunks of the Oreos, becuse that is what my sister thought would taste the best. I think that if I was to make these again I would finely crush them and mix it into the batter at the end. I might also try to put some sort of cream filling in them. I don't know they just seemed to be missing something. We also came up with our own version of a potato salad. Since it was fall we decided to use sweet potatoes, cinnomon almonds, marshmallows, whipped cream and cream cheese. Everyone said it was good. My dad who has never cared for sweet potatoes even had two helpings because he thought it was good. I didn't get a picture of it though. The words on the banner are "Gettin' Hitched". I made several tissue paper pom-poms. I don't have a link to the site I used but you should be able to google them and find a tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment